The project "European Child - Healthy Body, Clever Mind" is a result of teachers cooperation from UK, Spain, Romania, Slovenia, Latvia, Cyprus and Poland.
Main goal include promotion of healthy lifestyle - with particular emphasis on diet and physical activity.
Program focus on support of the family and children's development in terms of lifestyle changes - primarily on the knowledge, skills, attitudes and habits- which are the quality of human life. Knowledge about health have theoretical and practical dimension.
Activities are focused on the areas:
1. Healthy lifestyle
2. ICT technologies
3. Social education and education to democracy
4. English skills
In particular on results:
- Improving the professional profile of teachers in methods of teaching - especially to promote and disseminate a healthy lifestyle
- Developing the basic skills of students- "Skills for the Future"- education to making conscious choices
- Raising awareness among parents regarding healthy lifestyles
- Using ICT for the creation and dissemination of educational materials and teaching
- Developing the basic skills of students - "Skills for the Future": using ICT technologies
- Promoting informed participation of parents in the school/preschool community
- Ensuring conditions to allow children making a responsible decisions
- Developing of teacher's competences on some rules of democratic education
- Improving English skills - for students and teachers
- Promoting international cooperation
International cooperation in the project "European Child - Healthy Body, Mind Clever" will allow to know the best practices from the european partners and as a result create a platform for the development of international educational and will contribute to ensure free participation in European society in the future.
Partners in the project "European Child - Healthy Body, Mind Clever":
1. PUBLIC KINDERGARTEN NO. 152, LODZ -POLAND
2. CEIP BENJAMIN PALENCIA 'ALBACETE - SPAIN
3. CU PROGRAM Gradinita PRELUNGIT Nr.34, ORADEA - ROMANIA
4. ZAVOD Kranjska vrtci, KRANJ - SLOVENIA
5. RAMULU pamatskola, CESIS - LATVIA
6. TENDERCUBS PRESCHOOL AND DAY NURSERY, DAGENHAM - UNITED KINGDOM
7. PUBLIC KINDERGARTEN TIMI, PAPHOS - CYPRUS